Generally, you may browse the Sites without providing any personally identifiable information. However, we may ask you to provide personally identifiable information at various times and places on the Sites. In some cases, if you choose not to provide us with the requested information, you may not be able to access all of the Sites or participate in all of their features. We collect the following information from you:
- Identifiers such as your name;
- Contact information such as your email address(es), physical address(es), phone number(s);
- Financial information such as your credit or debit card number, or checking account number;
- Product preferences and other interests; and
- Location-based information such as your zip code.
We collect Internet and other electronic network activity information automatically from users to our Sites. This information includes any referral website, the type of web browser and operating system you are currently using, and your network location and IP address. Online Account Registration
To make online visits faster and easier, you may register with DesignFurnishings.com. As a registered customer, you only have to enter your shipping addresses and billing information once, and they will be securely stored with us for your future use. Using your name and a password of your choice, you may access your account online at any time to add, delete, or change information. Subscribers may edit registration information or cancel a subscription at any time. We reserve the right to contact any subscriber at any time regarding subscription renewals or other subscription-related problems or questions as well as changes to our policies, forms and agreements. Use of Personal Information
We use your information to:
- Provide you with a product or service that you have requested;
- Process your registration;
- Complete your purchase transactions;
- Identify your product and service preferences, so we can notify you of new or additional products, projects, Site features, special events, services and promotions that may be of interest to you;
- Notify you of product recalls or provide other information concerning products you have purchased;
- Improve our merchandise selection, customer service, and overall experience;
- Enable us to process, validate and verify subscriptions;
- Conduct surveys to measure your satisfaction with our service;
- Enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Protect our rights or property or our safety, our members, or others;
- Monitor and evaluate our Sites and identify where we should make changes or expand services;
- Provide advertisers with aggregate – never individual – information about our subscriber base and usage patterns; and/or
- Give our marketing and development staff information that is useful for developing new features and services that meet subscriber needs.
During registration for your customer account, we collect your personal information in order to finalize the order process, as well as customize your personal experience.
We use your financial information to process payment for products or services that you have requested, either directly or through our third party services providers, as described in more detail below.
We use the automatically collected Internet and other electronic network activity information to improve our Site design and product assortments, provide customer service, and offer special promotions.Sharing of Personal Information
We share your information with third party service providers who help us process your requests. We also share your information with affiliates or other entities for the purposes described below. We share:
- Your identifiers and contact information with third party shipping carriers for purposes of shipping products to you that you ordered. We also share your identifiers, contact information, and financial information with payment service providers and banks who process credit and debit card payments on our behalf for products that you have ordered. We may use third-party service providers or other third-party organizations helping to support our mission that may collect, store, or process your personal information on our behalf, such as to complete your request. For example, we may work with an outside company to: (a) manage a database of customer information; (b) assist us in distributing emails; (c) assist us with direct marketing and data collection; (d) provide us storage and analysis; (d) provide fraud prevention; and (e) provide other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We require that these outside companies agree to keep confidential all information we share with them and to use the information only to perform their obligations in our agreements with them.
- Your identifiers and contact information with our affiliated companies for joint marketing and other purposes.
- Your identifiers, contact information, and product preferences and other interests with carefully selected third parties when we believe their products or services may be of interest to you.
- Your identifiers, contact information, and financial information to comply with any court order, legal process, or respond to any governmental or regulatory request.
- Aggregate or De-Identified information with third party analytics providers to help us analyze visits and traffic to the Sites for purposes of identifying trends and advertisers.
Design Furnishings partners with advertising companies to place our advertising on publisher websites on the Internet. These advertising companies collect anonymous information about your visits to our Sites. This technology involves the use of third-party cookies which allow them to develop personalized advertising so that it directly relates to offers that may be of interest to you. We may also use our own cookies to provide similar enhanced online marketing to you based on your interests and preferences.
We also employ cookie technology to help subscribers move faster through our Sites and streamline your experience. When you use one of our Sites, we pass several cookies to your computer. A cookie is a string of information that is sent by a website and stored on your hard drive or temporarily in your computer’s memory. This avoids the potentially time-consuming task of checking our registration database each time a page is requested. The cookie is deleted when a user chooses the log out feature to terminate their session. We also employ cookie technology to store subscribers’ User Names and Passwords. Read our Cookie Disclosure Statement and view a cookie-by-cookie breakdown.
Third-Party Web Sites
We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements when you visit our Sites. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to our Sites and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
Processing in the United States
We store and process your data in the United States. If you are located in a foreign jurisdiction, the privacy laws in the United States may be different from the privacy laws in your home jurisdiction and may not offer the same level of protection. If you do not want to transfer your data into the United States for processing, please do not use our services or purchase our products.
Personal information provided on the website and online credit card transactions are transmitted through a secure server using Secure Socket Layering (SSL) encryption technology. When the letters "http" in the URL change to "https," the "s" indicates you are in a secure area employing SSL. Also, your browser may give you a pop-up message that you are about to enter a secure area.
We are committed to handling your personal information with high standards of information security and maintaining your confidence and trust. However, no transmission or electronic storage of information is guaranteed to be secure. We therefore urge you to always use caution when transmitting information over the Internet. We take appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. Our website uses encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL encrypts ordering information such as your name, address, and credit card number.
If you are using a public computer, we strongly encourage you to LOG OUT at the conclusion of your session. Your information will still be stored with us, but it will not be accessible to anyone else from that computer.
The Sites are not directed toward children under 18 years of age nor do we knowingly collect information from children under 18. If you are under 18, please do not use the Sites or submit any personally identifiable information to us.
California Shine the Light
California's "Shine The Light" law permits California residents to annually request and obtain information free of charge about what personal information is disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would to request this information, please submit a written request to the following email address: [email protected] Please allow 30 days for a response.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights.
Right of Access. You have the right to access your personal information maintained by us. Upon receipt of a verifiable request to access personal information, we will disclose and deliver, free of charge, the personal information requested.
Please note that we are not required to provide personal information to you more than twice in a 12-month period.
Right of Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any personal information about you which we have collected from you. Upon receipt of a verifiable request for deletion, we will delete your personal information from our records and direct any service providers to delete your personal information from our records, within 45 days.
We will comply with your request to delete personal information unless it is necessary for us to maintain your personal information in order to:
- Complete a transaction, provide requested-for goods/services, and/or perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents;
- Comply with a legal obligation; and/or
- Enable our internal uses that are aligned with your expectations and your relationship with us.
Requests should be submitted to [email protected]
After you submit a request, we will promptly take steps to determine whether your request is a verifiable request. We will verify that you are who you say you are by asking you to confirm certain unique pieces of information relating to your relationship and/or transactions with us.
We will disclose and deliver the required information to you free of charge within 45 days of receiving your verifiable request. If necessary, we will extend the time period to provide the required information once by an additional 45 days, and will provide you with notice of the extension within the first 45-day period. The disclosure shall cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of the verifiable request.
No Sale of Personal Information. We have not sold personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the last 12 months. We do not intend to sell personal information to third parties.
As noted above, we do not knowingly collect information from or about children, including children aged 16 and under. We do not sell information of minors under 16 years of age.
No Discrimination. We will not discriminate against a California resident because the California resident exercised any of the rights described here.
Do Not Track
We do not track personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party Web sites or online services. We do not allow third parties to track personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across other websites. Some web browsers may transmit “Do Not Track” signals to websites visited by the user. Our information collection and disclosure practices will continue to apply as described in this policy, regardless of any “Do Not Track” signals that are sent by certain browsers.
Changes and Updates
3771 Channel Dr 100.
West Sacramento, CA 95691-3421